Recorded on my Kodak Zi8 HD camcorder. Although two of the most common criticisms of this camera are the low-light noise and the lackluster internal mic, they both seem to actually be quite decent in this video. [video] Artists:
A short video of me taking the motorcycle around the barrio on a cold, windy, cloudy day - probably one of the last rides of the season. It's mid-October and I'm still riding, though, so I suppose that I should give thanks to the weather Gods.
The Kodak Zi8 is mounted to the GT250's handlebars with a clever combination of a mini-tripod, tie wraps and prayer. I need to build something better to resist vibration, and find a better mounting point that at least shows part of the front of the bike.
The video is sped up 2x for brevity's sake.
Go directly to the Vimeo page to watch it in 720p HD fullscreen.
Music: Bran Van 3000 - Supermodel
I just picked up a sweet, sweet HD video camera - I think this is the first "mini" camera I've ever used that produces such amazing output. I've tried the lame Sanyo Xactis and Flip Ultras of yesteryear, and came away unimpressed. The color rendition, resolution and motion are way better on a big screen. This is a lame and pointless video test, because
- It's edited and re-compressed to display in a tiny flash box on my website (although you can download a higer-res version at the bottom of the post);
- I recorded in "only" 720p (it can do 1080p);
- I recorded at "only" 30 frames per second (it can do 60);
- I somehow managed to turn off the shake reduction before shooting and I don't have the steadiest hand;
- I couldn't find anything interesting to shoot.
[video] However, I hereby commit to posting videos from now on.