Basically, I'll cover setting up a CMS (drupal, natch) to allow for self-hosting of video posts, podcasts and blog entries. There's something very disturbing about the false "communities" springing up everywhere on the web, and I'm not sure I want to see what happens once we're all dependent on them.
Anyhow, I'm going to open up with a brief overview about some of the video and podcasting projects I'm working on at the moment, and start off slowly showing the main drupal install process and the required modules needed to get the show on the road.
Speaking about roads, I'll be driving there, leaving early Thursday morning and getting there at night. If anyone on my route (Montreal, Toronto, Windsor, Detroit) wants to come along, by all means let me know. I've posted a ride offer on the AMC rideboard.
I've never been to a media conference, so I don't really know what to expect. I hope I'm able to help someone at my workshop (hopefully there will be someone there besides me...) get started with their own video or podcasting site.
Doing some spring cleaning, and came across a whole slew of computer stuff that I don't need anymore, but that might be useful to someone else out there. Unless stated otherwise, everything is in working condition, though of course sold "as is". You'll also have to come up to Laval to pick it up.
- HP DeskJet 810C Printer, $15
- Dell Trinitron 20.1 Inch monitor, stable up to 1280x1024, above that it becomes shaky and susceptible to interference from speakers, etc. Body is scratched and full of stickers, screen is pretty much flawless. $25
- Linksys 802.11B Wireless Ethernet Bridge, $10
- Lexmark z32 Printer (USB+Printer Port cable), needs ink, $10
- NEC Versa 2000D (color!) laptop... 486 SL, 16MB ram, Windows 95 running, bright screen nice targus carrying case, PCMCIA, $30
- Old 14" TTX monitor - I can only get it to work in 800x600 or 640x480 after leaving it on to warm up for about 30 mins. If you leave it on all the time should work fine. $5
- 7.5 DBi indoor "smoke detector" Hyperlink 802.11b antenna, n-female connector $15
- Various heavy coax antenna cabling, (LMR-200 I think, not sure) 5-ft - 50 ft, n-female or male connectors, a few adaptors, make an offer.
- 2-Piece YDI AMP 2440 2.4 Ghz amplifier for 802.11b - cannot seem to get it to work. Lights come on when plugged into AP and antenna. $35
- Full-tower PC case, on wheels, no powersupply, missing front covers. $10
- 14dBi Lucent / Bell Yagi directional Antenna, n-female, $25
- Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro USB Flight Stick (non force-feedback), near-mint: $12